• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

550ti with my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

I have dual HD5770 in crossfire. the crossfire is crap and i perfer to run with it off cause it doesnt help at all most of the time and causes random problems. want to upgrade my video card but my computer is getting dated quick. a friend is upgrading his card and would sell me his 550ti cheap. would it be a good choice for my system or will my comp be too slow to use the card effectively?

wow i must have a brain fart earlier. i guess i kept typing 5570 which showed having MUCH more performance. but now that i look again ya theres only slight improvement. hmm maby ill jsut buy new cards then cause my crossfire is absolutly useless

can someone recommend a card that would be good for my system? no need on buying a card thats faster than my comp can handle. im wanting to tryy nvidia cause i havent had the best ATI expiereiences latley but thats all im use to

alright thanks. its PCIe 3.0 where my mobo is only 2.0, hope that isnt a major bottleneck. i figuered any newer cards would outperform my cpu

All the new cards are backwards compatible and the difference between 3.0 and 2.0 bandwidth on your PC. I guess would not be that much, but wait and see if any of the other members say differently! So long as you have a 16 X PCI-E Slot not much of a problem and it fits your case as well? AJ.

You shouldn't have to worry about your Mobo only being at PCIe 2.0, most newer cards don't even fully saturate a PCIe 2.0 bus; that includes the PCIe 3.0 cards. PCIe 3.0, essentially, is just future-proofing IMO.

Back