• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WarZ Released Unfinished

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

http://www.examiner.com/article/the...without-stating-the-game-is-not-even-finished

A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers.

This detail provides false information, as there is only one map available in “The War Z” currently, which does not contain anywhere near 100 square kilometers.

Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans.

The ability to rent or create private servers is also another feature that has not yet been implemented into this game.

No Classes, No Levels, No Caps: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills

As for this statement, Hammerpoint Interactive has yet to implement any type of system that collects experience points and has not provided the user with any selectable skills to use.

This is sad...I actually gave them the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't a simple cash in on the popularity of DayZ. But this rush to get the game out is a blatant cash grab.

Whats sad is they actually have a good game, just horrible support and the lies. If they were honost and actually worked hard to produce this game it would be a huge success. The Emulator (not the normal WarZ) has the six or seven of us hooked, and the servers are always full, the community is helpfull (unlike the other), they just don't have the hardware to run anymore servers, so sometimes its hard to get on or there box lags a little.

They have a good idea. everything else sucks down to the very core of the game. They are using just about the worst engine I have ever seen. they only way they could ever make this good is with a new engine.

I also gave them the benefit of the doubt but was screwed. I'm sticking all my support in DayZ as they are actually keeping their promises and have a great engine that can do what they want it to.

I thought I remeber reading something like Activision was looking into creating a zombie mmo similar in nature, but I could be wrong. Maybe a big name will make something better. And btw I still have some doubts about the DayZ standalone (but still hope) because it will still be on the ARMA Engine (2.5 or something). In my experiences with ARMA 2 and DayZ it wasnt the friendliest, sure I got used to it but its still a chore. Hopefully standalone will be completely different (which they have stated).

AFAIK the Activision game was supposed to be a spinoff of COD:Zombies into it's own game. Whether it was open world or not I'm not sure :shrug:

Either way I still think Killing Floor is the superior game :p

Looks like valve took the game off of the store and are offering refunds to anyone that bought it that are displeased with the game.

<insert good-guy gabe picture>

I purchased DayZ directly from their site and I really think, with some time, it will be a good game.. What I don't enjoy are the other players are a**holes, they shoot first and ask questions later. All it's about it just grabbing the best gear and killing ALL OTHERS. Not very fun on the dying side

I purchased DayZ directly from their site and I really think, with some time, it will be a good game.. What I don't enjoy are the other players are a**holes, they shoot first and ask questions later. All it's about it just grabbing the best gear and killing ALL OTHERS. Not very fun on the dying side

DayZ and WarZ are different games ;)

I dropped $25 and honestly as much as I DESPISE the development team and Sergey I would do it again. I have an absolute blast in the game every night with my friends. I don't even know how many hours I've got into it now. I think one of the biggest issues is starting out. Once you get some decent items and can defend yourself the game is 100% more enjoyable. Also I hope you haven't based your decision on the game off the Rhino or that British guys youtube reviews. Rhino is a dayz fangirl and that british guy has absolutely now clue on how to even play the game.

Also the DayZ to WarZ comparisons are like digging up the dead horse and beating it a 2nd time.

DayZ is a superior value honestly (now 14.99 for ARMA II CO on gog.com). Even with WarZ being live for a few months now. WarZ is obviously more casual and for quicker entertainment. You spawn, travel, gather, die, repeat. All possible in as little as 15 minutes of playing.

I do think WarZ could co-exist if there wasn't so much blatant shady work going on prior to release, after release and now this "wtf Steam" release and if it actually delivered at least half of what it promised months ago. Hell, most of the supporters from OCF here are playing on on a totally separate "emulated" build of the game that was created out of desperation from the community. That is sad for a game that has been out for 3 months.

This is a major blow. The PC gaming community as a whole trusts them even less and that will spread.

Valve Calls Release A Mistake

From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

Sergey Titov's (WarZ) response

We're making sure that our Store page is 100% correct this is why.
Bottom line – our end goal is to have satisfied and not angry customers, so this is more important for us than everything else.

Last edited:
Back