• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my 1100t BE and M4A88T-V OC please :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makavelio

Registered
Hello guys I am a newbie to OCing and computer builds and after some advice/help with getting to a stable 3.8-4GHZ OC. Ive built a system with a Antec HCG 620w Psu, Tranquillo Rev.2 Cooler, 2x2GB XMS 1600MHZ ram & 1x4GB 1333MHZ ram and 5770 radeon. Ive tryed upping my multi and increasing voltage but prime 95 has a worker stopping after 5-20 mins during blend with various settings. On a unstable over clock to 4ghz it idles at 23C. Thanks guys :)

First you need to check core temps under load by having HWMonitor open on the desktop while you run a 20 minute Prime95 blend test. We need to see what your max temps are, not your idle temps. Idle temps are not very helpful, typically. I would do this at stock frequencies and voltages to see if you even have any room from a temp standpoint to overclock. Now, with a good aftermarket cooler you should but if the cooler is not seated well or if the thermal paste is not applied properly or if your case ventilation is inadequate there still could be problems. High temps are one of the main things that cause instability in overclocking.

After you have done this please post back with an attached pic of HWMonitor immediately after this stress test. To attach an image with a post, click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of any new post window and then click on the little paperclip icon at the top of the advanced post window that pops up.

Back