• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering the KR7A-133Raid/A7V333-R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtragg

Well, I just fried my KT7-Raid after about two years of stretching for every extra MHz I could get out of it. That whole voltage mod works great till something crosses and the board makes its way to computer heaven where it won't be abused like it was in its first life.

So the delima is what replaces it. The new KT333 chipset doesn't look to bad, but limited in manufacturers. I am a big ABIT fan, so the KR7A-Raid looks nice, and the marketing guy there says "we are working on a KT333 chipset, but don't have any information on it yet." Asus' K7V333 seems to be a really sweet looking board, but every board that I can find that has the RAID controller also has built in sound and is $30~40 more than the KR7A-Raid. Other than Asus, MSI is supposed to have a good KT333 board, but I swore them off after 3 boards with bad IDE controllers and two with other problems (I custom build on the side.) Soltek also makes a KT333, but don't have a RAID controller.

Is KT333 worth the extra money? As I see it there isn't much performance increase with it, but it gives overclockers like myself extra "stretching room". ??????

Plus the Asus board can monitor the thermocouple built in XP chips....a major plus despite built in sound.....

Man.... you are very lucky... I mean that your KT7-RAID went to long jorney to heaven.
I'm waiting for my KT7-RAID with TBird 750@1100 to die and replace to something better... Nah.. it just still alive so I gotta build a completely new system.
:p
Anyway... I love Abit and hate built-in cards... so, for me it's KR7RAID
:beer:

Back