• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800D Build Update "Nastalgia 2.0" (Pictures)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
This is my first ever post of my rig and what I have done to it (Nostalgia 2.0) even though I never made an original build-log of my system so here goes and hope you guys like it.

All comments are appreciated.

Here is most of the update gear going into the rig.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Everyone who builds/fixes PCs should have this in their arsenal. My goodness was this thing powerful.

picture.php

Upgrading all the radiator fans.

picture.php

This thing is a beauty.

picture.php

Since they had sent me the wrong tubing and had to wait till the other week for the shipping to come in, I than decided to put the new table together and the screens.

picture.php

picture.php

Time to clean up a bit. :rofl:

picture.php

Now time to clean up the loop. I was a little worried with the CPU block but was told that these colors are from oxidation (I think I spelled it right) and shouldn't worry too much as long as the fins are cleaned and clear from debris which they were.

picture.php

picture.php

A little pump cleaning even though once I opened them up they pretty much look good as new.

picture.php

After cleaning the pumps I than proceeded to install the pumps to the new Reservoir. They fit like a glove and looks just right. The compression fittings and QDCs were all part of the cleaning process as well.

picture.php

Installed the Black Ice GT Stealth 120.1 in the back along with the Black Ice SR-1 120.3 up top. Shortly after that I started the leak testing phase.

picture.php

Added some Dead Water + Silver Coil and let it run for hours.

picture.php

Reason why we do leak tests as I found the culprit of the leak.

picture.php

I had put too much weight (flow sensor, temp sensor) on the OUT which is the bottom tubing in the picture. Once I repositioned those 2 and just had the compression fitting there. Finally the leak had stopped but still ran tests for hours regardless.

picture.php

Preping up the PSU for installation.

picture.php

The infamous cable management. My second worst enemy. (leaks being the first XD) As you can see my strength isn't in cable management but did my best.

picture.php

"She's Alive!!!" :rock:

picture.php

Posting on Overclockers.com :D + folding and monitoring the rig.

picture.php

Thank you to all who have helped me out in the past and answered my questions I may had.

Most of the gear in this build are updated in my signature.

All comments and questions are appreciated and welcomed.

Last edited:
Thank you very much sir. Really appreciate it after 2 1/2 weeks and all that work.

Once I have time again I will take better inside shots of the rig as you can see I don't have much room to work with on top of the desk. heh

Edit - Notice the 3rd and 5th picture from the bottom. If you notice I accidently left the plastic wrap on the backplate from the GPU while the rig was on. SMH Thank goodness I caught that a few hours later. :rofl:

Last edited:
well done!!! :)

love the disconnects.

Thank you. :salute:

I myself love the QDCs and they help out alot when you need to readjust pretty much anything or let alone upgrade components without draining the whole loop and removing it.

Very nice. Great photos. Thanks. :)

Thank you. :salute:

I will try getting some more pictures of the inside of the rig once I get to it.

hi there, it is a great pc, these cooling are so sexy:drool:
look forward for your next works:salute:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there, it is a great pc, these cooling are so sexy:drool:
look forward for your next works:salute:

Thank you!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Edit: Hopefully I'll take more pics of the unit and rig itself when I'am not too lazy and the next upgrade to the unit will most likely be the future 900D Corsair (rumor has it), Haswell and its MB/Ram etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Monito...57259918&sr=8-1&keywords=triple+monitor+mount
I think thats the same one but with a desk clamp. Amazon had that before but I can't locate it atm.

Not the one he was talking about but that would be correct, that they also have a desk clamp one.

That one is only for 2 monitors and not for triple setup.

Aht hey actually had one available a few days ago as i was debating between desk clamp/stand. I know for sure that it was there.

Aht hey actually had one available a few days ago as i was debating between desk clamp/stand. I know for sure that it was there.

Yeah the ones with the stand seem to be out of stock in most places but the clamps are in.

Here is what I use to control my fans, pumps, LEDs, PSU and monitor the Water, CPU, GPU, PSU temps.
Software is still buggy and don't have full control but I've managed to work with it somehow.

System Idle (If you noticed some of the RPM readings are at 0 because the software is still bugged and will eventually register after some time. The only real 0 RPM reading on here is the PSU fan.)

picture.php

System Load (Gaming on BF3)

picture.php

PSU Idle

picture.php

PSU Load (Folding for 5 mins and notice how the PSU fan NEVER turns on. I've heard around 450w+ it will start up which I never hit. Its a miracle. Even though I don't use the full potential of this PSU I think its a really great quality Digital PSU from Corsair.)

picture.php

Last edited:
Back