• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd 1045t vs 6300 vs 965 BE for galing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 6300 wins that match hands down. Your current mobo probably wont support a Vishera chip though so :shrug:. Are you upgrading your current system or building a whole new one?

The 6300 wins that match hands down. Your current mobo probably wont support a Vishera chip though so :shrug:. Are you upgrading your current system or building a whole new one?

I am building a whole new one the specs are from a pc which i built a couple of days ago but then sold it to a friend i did not even get the chance to put windows on it it is an am3+ mobo i would like to use the same mobo it is bulldozer compatible but i do not know if it supports vishera

If you really want to run an AMD FX CPU you really need to be looking at motherboards based on the 9xx series chipsets. There are a few boards out there based on the 7xx and 8xx chipsets but honestly they were not built to stand up to what an FX wants. If your budget limited I would recommend something from the 970 chipset. Unfortunately though in that range there are only 2 motherboards with high end power regulation(Gigabyte 970-UD3, and the Asus M5A97-EVO).

If you really want to run an AMD FX CPU you really need to be looking at motherboards based on the 9xx series chipsets. There are a few boards out there based on the 7xx and 8xx chipsets but honestly they were not built to stand up to what an FX wants. If your budget limited I would recommend something from the 970 chipset. Unfortunately though in that range there are only 2 motherboards with high end power regulation(Gigabyte 970-UD3, and the Asus M5A97-EVO).

is this mobo good for the fx 6300 http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-970D...WDEM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1356203599&sr=8-7

At a glance I can identify 2 big issues with that motherboard. First it uses the AMD 770 chipset which is designed to handle Phenom-II x4 CPUs. Second the voltage regulators are severely lacking with its 4+1 Phases and NO heatsink. An FX CPU is almost certain to overstress that VRM.

ok do you know any good mobo for the 1045t or the 965BE (whichever of the two processors is better in far cry 3)

You'll have to define good. Saying you want to make a machine for gaming is like saying you want to build a vehicle for racing...there are a lot of variables and showing up for rock crawling in a vehicle built for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series is frowned upon.

Will you be overclocking? If the answer is yes then the board is not good, the VRM lacks cooling and it's not beefy enough to push things a lot.

If you won't be overclocking then I suppose it's good(as in sufficient). It supports the processor, has plenty of space for R.A.M. and in general it does what a motherboard should do.

You'll have to define good. Saying you want to make a machine for gaming is like saying you want to build a vehicle for racing...there are a lot of variables and showing up for rock crawling in a vehicle built for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series is frowned upon.

Will you be overclocking? If the answer is yes then the board is not good, the VRM lacks cooling and it's not beefy enough to push things a lot.

If you won't be overclocking then I suppose it's good(as in sufficient). It supports the processor, has plenty of space for R.A.M. and in general it does what a motherboard should do.

i want a gaming machine which is as cheap as possible but is also powerfull enough i may overclock but i am not sure i might just pick the cheapest mobo available and upgrade later when i have more money to spend on it because right now my laptop got fixed which cost me around 650 dollars (400 pounds) and i think games for consoles are too expensive for what they are

Back