• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i change cpu on my toshiba ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simplyy

So this is my laptop toshiba satelite l650 1n5

i just finnished ordering new ram to it, and i wonder if can change the cpu on it allso.

trying to find a manual to se it its detatcheble.
right now i have a

: Intel® Pentium® processor P6100
2.00 GHz
(Front side bus) : 1,066 MHz
3:e cache : 3 MB

and where do i in that case find a new cpu ? and how "big" of a cpu can i put in it ?

Ty in advance !

You can only use a CPU of the same socket, and then you would have to check out if the board's revision supports it. The "upgrade" that would allow isn't worth it, nor is the risk to mess up something in the process...

You can only use a CPU of the same socket, and then you would have to check out if the board's revision supports it. The "upgrade" that would allow isn't worth it, nor is the risk to mess up something in the process...

I did resertch all of that. and i found a cpu that fits

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-...CPU-/261128979517?pt=CPUs&hash=item3ccc80043d

allso ordered some ram

www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=657923

will post later when i have put it all in. will take a few days to get it all tho,

Marry xmas

Back