• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MEDION MD30159 troubleshoot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJ White

Registered
Hi,
I have a medion md30159 and it has some problems displaying stuff properly:comp:, here are some images to show what I am talking about:
Working display:
2yvkyuv.jpg

Non-working:
9tep06.jpg

Better example:

Good:
2z8e2cx.jpg

Bad:
nq4g3t.jpg

And finally a video that shows the moving stuffs:

As you can see it has trouble displaying certain colors and every other vertical row is not displayed or something, can I fix this?

First off:
1) Did you test them in both computers / the same one
2) Have you tried other cables / ports
3) Have you recently gotten these / are they returnable or RMAable

1) Yes, they were in the same PC, same graphics card. I know both ports work, I have tried other monitors in either.
2) I tried different cables (DVi/VGA) both give the same result, even when there are no cables plugged in except power the "No input" message looks off.
3) They are not RMAable, otherwise I would have done so. I got it from a friend, he was going to throw it out otherwise.

Last edited:
They kinda look like a "stuck" pixels.. Maybe try this site. Although I have never tried this myself.

Or this video.

The post also says something about it being capacitors, don't quote me but I believe more would / would not happen if you had blown capacitors. Maybe look to see if you have any bulging ones?

EDIT:
Actually looking at picture 2 originally, they look dead. Nothing may fix those, unless the capacitor thing could do it.. I am not an expert, just giving a little help..

All the pixels work, and I didn't see any swollen/blown caps when I opened it up earlier. I think it has something to do with the signal, it can't display the color. I had another display that did this and it had a broken ribboncable on the inside, this one however doesn't.

Back