• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD RAMDisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiLeNtCovenant

Anyone try the AMD RAMDisk software being advertised in their Catalyst Software? Looks interesting, I've tried RamDisk before and thought it was pretty neat, but I don't know if that would help my gaming performance or not. I don't have a lot of RAM, only 8gb DDR2, and Windows 8 isn't exactly the lightest of operating systems with 2gb used at idle.

What do you guys think?

http://www.radeonmemory.com/software_4.0.php

Seems like it would be just the same as RAMdisk. Maybe some performance optimizations for AMD's ram.

It's the same as any other ramdisk program. Only difference is they charge money for it.

I use ImDisk. It's free and has shell integration to mount ISO's and such. Does everything I need a ramdisk for and no limits to size.

It's the same as any other ramdisk program. Only difference is they charge money for it.

I use ImDisk. It's free and has shell integration to mount ISO's and such. Does everything I need a ramdisk for and no limits to size.

Ahh, I figured as much.. What would be the best usage of RamDisk?

Ahh, I figured as much.. What would be the best usage of RamDisk?

I like to use RAMDisk when I am working on maps/mods for some older games like RailRoad Tycoon3 and Blitzkrieg. I can load the entire folder into the RAMDisk and the endless tests of maps- etc. fire up instantly. RRT3 will fire up in about 10 seconds from my SSD, but from RAMDisk it is literally just a flash and it is started. I remember back in the day (nearly 10 years ago now) when RRT3 was new it took about 2-3 minutes to crawl up out of the HDD. :shock:

Back