• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all 20/24 pinouts the same.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heisenberg14

Registered
Ive been testing the ATX power cabe on my OCZ ZT 650 power supply with a multimeter and have been getting perfectly fine readings except like 8, 9, and 10. On those im getting 3.3, 5, and 12 volts but they dont correspond to the diagrams i've seen on google images such as:

th

Would my OCZ PSU be different?

if your getting 3.3, 5, and 12 on 8, 9, and 10 its right... look at the image you posted lol.

Last edited:
PWR_OK is a signal typically in the 2.5v to 4v range, 3.3v sounds great.
The others are also perfect.

I probably shouldnt guesss here, but 9/10 look right to me... 8 I have no idea. I will defer to an expert... Oh BobN!!!!! LOL!

And look who ninja'd meh! :p

The Power_OK on pin 8 is a 5V TTL level signal and won't be highly accurate. It's supposed to be 3.3V or higher if all the PSU's voltages are OK.

I don't understand what you mean by +5V on pin 9 (+5Vstandby) and +12 on pin 10 (+12V) not corresponding to the diagrams because those measurements seem normal. However some PSUs need to be loaded down before their voltages will be within specifications.

Always look at the colors of the wires because on conventional PSUs yellow always means +12V, red +5.0V, orange or brown +3.3V, purple +5Vstandby.

AFAIK, all 20-pin ATX connectors are compatible except those for old Dells that had only one orange wire. But it seems there are at least 2 different pinouts for 24-pin connectors, ATX and WTX, and they're definitely not compatible. The WTX connector has 5 orange wires (+3.3V) in a row, pins 1-5.

Back