• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom ll X 1100t + GA 970-UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asian

Registered
Im planning to sell my amd fx 6100 and change for a new phenom ll x6 1100t for my
GA 970-UD3
GTX 550 ti 1GD5
16G(4x4)KS HYPERX
CX500 psu
HYPER 612 pwm

is it compatible or will it works better? I also want to change my videocard for ATI with any 256 bits, any suggestion guys .. thank u , God bless us all . Happy New Year ..

What will you be using the machine primarily for? If gaming you probably won't benefit from the extra cores as few if any games can take advantage of more than four cores. Games thrive on high clock speeds per core and the FX 6100 will overclock higher than the PII 1100T. What will you be cooling the CPU with. You neglect to mention that in your list of parts and good cooling is critical in overclocking.

As far as the video card goes, what is your budget? The very highest end cards like the 79xx series may challenge the power output of the 500W PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150586

I will use it in Gaming , I have a Coolermaster HYPER 612 pwm aircooler ! If ever i dont overclocked ? Is fx6100 still better than pll 1100t ? For the videocard i want to have only a 256 bit , that would enough for my 500w psu .

Memory bit width is fairly useless in picking a card. It has an effect but choosing a card by the bitrate of the memory is just silly.

As treants mentioned we need to know what you want to spend on a graphic card before we can make suggestions. I will say that a GTX 650 will own on your 550ti, and an AMD 7850 will slap it around like a dirty hoe.

256 bit memory channel width is only one performance variable of video card performance. Other variables that are very important are GPU processing power and GDDR memory frequency. If the GPU is not a potent one then 128-bit width memory channel is sufficient. You don't need a six lane freeway unless traffic is heavy.

what is the difference between 1GD5 and 2GD5 , because tomorrow i'm going to buy MSI power edition R7850 2gd5 /OC or R7850 1gd5 /OC which is much cheaper than PE .Thanls again guys.

The difference is how much video ram they have. 1Gb is enough for a single monitor in MOST games, however newer games are pushing those boundaries already. If you want to get a longer useful life out of your card you probably want the 2Gb version.

I will say that a GTX 650 will own on your 550ti, and an AMD 7850 will slap it around like a dirty hoe.
Thanks for the laugh Wizard, that was funny.

I have a 2nd built pc today for my brother but when i start theres no beep sounds and no screen but all fans are running...I buy all these parts here in Taiwan ..Can you help me guys .How can i fix it without going back in store because its too far .. These are the specs

amd phenom ll x4 955
asrock 970 DE3/ us3
GTX 550 ti 1gd5
HDD toshiba 500g
RAM Kingston DDR3 1333 2g x4
coolermaster T2 heatsink

I am going to suggest you post the issues with your brother's computer in the AMD motherboard section instead of hiding that computer's issues way back here in the rear of a thread that is not about "New System Won't Boot".

I have a 2nd built pc today for my brother but when i start theres no beep sounds and no screen but all fans are running...I buy all these parts here in Taiwan ..Can you help me guys .How can i fix it without going back in store because its too far .. These are the specs

amd phenom ll x4 955
asrock 970 DE3/ us3
GTX 550 ti 1gd5
HDD toshiba 500g
RAM Kingston DDR3 1333 2g x4
coolermaster T2 heatsink

Back