• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need tips for recording video using an ssd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leon.J

So a couple days ago I purchased an ssd, an ocz vertex 3 120gb, the main reason I bought it was for recording purposes and to speed up the general processes of my PC, I am recording for gaming purposes but I am fairly new to the world of ssds and I would like some info and tips on how to get the best performance out of it. I currently have a 250gb hdd for storage and I don't intend to migrate everything to the ssd, just the stuff I need for gaming and recording. So please can I have some tips, like should I move the games to the ssd or keep them on the hdd.

Thank you for any tips and info :) - Leon

Leon,

Welcome to the forums and a happy new year to you! :beer:

Bear in mind that if your SSD is your OS/gaming drive and you are recording while gaming (onto it), there is a good chance that you will experience freezing, slowdowns, lag and stuttering. If you are using the SSD for recording purposes only, you should be o.k. I'd suggest grabbing the latest version of MSI-Afterburner for recording. It is free and much better than fraps.

PS#
I had a friend in middle school named Leon Agustus Moses. :)

Back