• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adobe Creative Suite 6 Versus WordPress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G4_Music

Please explain your opinion below of what software is better. My brother bought me Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium for my birthday but I hear WordPress is good also (And it's free). I'm just a beginner and am retired but would love to build an awesome Website. Any help at all sure would be appreciated.

Abobe+vesus+WordPress.jpg

Thank you,

G4_Music

Comparing Apples to Oranges on this one.

Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium is a software suite loaded with thousands of dollars worth of programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc)... All those programs are tools used by graphic/web development professionals to design/code/develop media/websites/etc.

Wordpress is a service (open source) created by some very brilliant minds that enables people with very little knowledge of web design/development to create/customize/launch great looking websites with a few clicks of a button.

So; in a way... Both are tools, but tools are only as "good" as the people using them... Main difference is that the Adobe suite your brother got you is a product sold by a company (for profit) and Wordpress is a product given away for free by the creators and constantly updated/upgraded by the open source community... Oh and there is a big business (for profit) that was born and thrives because of the creation of Wordpress (search for premium wordpress theme/templates and you'll see there is a big business community based on that).

Well, they're not even in the same category. Wordpress is a blog platform sort of like a bare house. Adobe CS6 is made up of software used to make media stuff like pics, etc and would be the tools you'd use to finish the house like painting and decorating it / adding to it.

Bottom line, they're both good and Adobe CS6 just makes it easier to change Wordpress up a bit.

Adobe Creative Suite is... a Creative Suite... by Adobe.

Wordpress is just a CMS (Content Management System).

Wordpress is free and Adobe is a lot of money.

Wordpress you can make about 500 bucks a month making websites for people... Adobe you can make 2.8 million a year making fake mars landings for NASA.

Back