• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use Corsair cable with SeaSonic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imcrouse

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, but I was wondering if I could use these Corsair cables with this SeaSonic PSU?.

I was originally looking at the Corsair AX1200i, but it seems everyone on the forums really like these SeaSonic PSU and for the price I could get the PSU and sleeved cables for the price of the AX1200i.

Hope to hear some of your input on this :thup:

I wouldn't switch them...not all modular cables have the same pinout.

What are you running that you need such a monster PSU, lol.

You would need to look at the pinout of the PSU and the pin-keying of the cables carefully. They *may* work but you'd just need to look at pictures.

I wouldn't bank on it though. They Seasonic is made by, well, Seasonic. The Corsair is made by Flextronics. So there's a good chance they won't be the same.

I am actually in the midst of buying the components for my build. I am planning on
Intel i7 3770k
Gtx 680
with 2 SSD and 2 HDD

Also I am wanting to overclock the CPU and water cool also. I am aware that its a big power supply, I have also considered the Corsair AX860i to save the extra money. I just want to make sure that I have enough watts to maybe add another gtx 680 down the road. Kind of future proof I suppose. If you think the AX860i would be plenty than I would surely trust in your advice.

Just do the math.

GTX680 = 195W x 2 = 390W
3770K = 77W
Rest of system = 40W

Total = 507W at stock. OCed, you'd probably be fine on a 650W.

Note that the 7970 performs just as well as the GTX680 for less money. It's less power efficient though, you'd need a 750W for two 7970s.

Never swap cables between units without checking every single pin, by hand, with a multimeter, to make sure it goes to the same place. If they don't, something will die.

Example: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716856

I'd save even more money and pass on the "i" part. 5% accurate software isn't going to help you do anything :D
I agree with you.
I just checked and I was mistaken. I was under the impression that only the "i" model was 80+ Platinum. But the "standard" AX860 is also platinum, so yeah, save $30.

You can not check. I tried it with a ax 750 and a seasonic 750 and it blew my dummy comp. It was a test but don't try it. I preferred sleeving them anyway.

Back