• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclocking GPU Crash on BF3 - need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

District72

Hello Overclockers! I was told to come here to ask this question as I am a new member here I'm having issue with my epic custom gaming pc, playing Battlefield 3. I've Already diagnosed the black screen crashing down to the issue! Battlefield 3 HATES SLI configurations

I have 580 GTX SLI, one of them being factory Overclocked(the MSI 580) . I understand that the cards sync speeds to what ever card that is in PCI slot 1.. and this is my issue.. I would just switch the two cards around so the cards would sync too the lower speed, but my MSI 580 is alot slimmer then my EVGA 580 so they are rubbing against each other when i run with the EVGA in pci slot 1. SO to tackle this i used MSI afterburner, and set it up so both would run at 772 clock and 2008 memory clock. THIS FIXED THE PROBLEM, for 2 hours! but after that ill crash same black screen, i looked at my graph provided with afterburner and evidently right before the crash i see my clock changed from 772 to 800..... then crash... :bang head

My question to you is.... how can i keep my clocks from changing mid game like this! and WHY would it even try to do this after me setting it!

Sorry for the essay, and THANKS for everyone time reading this and i appreciate all responses :)

Aaron

BF3 should never be relied on as a benchmark for stability, because it is well known to be unstable on otherwise stable hardware (BFBC2 was much worse though). Use a benchmark such as Heaven or Furmark and see if it's stable there. Have you clicked "Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors" in Afterburner?

I dunno, BF3 runs very smoothly on all three of my systems, basically one TriFire, dual SLi and dual GPU CF rigs. In fact, my 2x GTX670 rig has an OC'ed card as primary card, and a stock speed card as a secondary card. No issue at all running BF3 andnother graphically taxing games. This begs the question, what driver are you using? What PSU make and model do you have? My system will never suffer from PSU issue since I tend to err on the side of safety when it comes to PSU.

Back