• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advise on overclocking my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

Hey guys,

Need some tips on overclocking my RAM in my sig rig. I know I'll gain nothing measurable except for benching, but I'm a little bored with my rig and I'd like to max my RAM out. Just not sure where to start, or what my end game should be.. Higher clocks or tighter timings?

Here's my RAM:

http://www.corsair.com/en/memory-by...hannel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmt16gx3m4x2133c9.html

Any advise is appreciated, and I'm not afraid to throw voltage at them.

Thanks!

If you're not afraid of voltage I'd start at 1.75v and go from there if you want to max out your ram.

Just look for the max frequency with different timings. It mostly comes down to spending the time to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Don't expect miracles with SB-E though. Anything over 2400mhz is hit and miss to say the least.

Best is to run something in system as there is big chance that it will pass memtest but will crash in windows. Prime95/blend seems most popular but you can also run any other soft that will use more memory and stress memory controller like Intel Burn Test or even 7zip benchmark.
Your memory is probably based on Hynix IC ( you can check rev from memory on corsair site/forums, there is list of IC ) so you don't really need high voltage. I would keep 1.65V and try something like 2400 10-12-11 or 11-12-11 but in this case there is chance that 2133 9-11-10 will be faster.

Back