• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attempt at lowering sabertooth 990fx R2.0 vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wtrose1

Registered
I Recently installed my new motherboard and noticed that my idle cpu temp and vore temps where at

CPU Temperature 33C
VCORE-1 40C

I looked at a couple reviews and noticed that a lot of people have complained about there vcore temps getting really high due to the coating on the motherboards I also saw one individual who mounted a 40mm fan right above his vcore heat sink, so i tried a little modification of my own and after an hour of idle i have a pretty big improvement. I will also post information after i benchmark my system as well. The attached image is after the 80mm fan install
thermalradar_zps5e04724e.png
IMAG0620_zps526dd0c5.jpg
it is a bad picture but the 80mm fan is before the fans to the radiator and the rear 140mm.

A number of us do such and in fact many of us that have motherboard trays with the hole under the cpu socket even put a fan on the other side of the mobo that draws air away from the backside of the cpu socket. Looks like you made a good, solid, professional looking mounting system. Good luck and glad you are happy with the results.

Back