• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OS on New SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elcid79

Is there any way to copy all of my C partition (it is about 500g partition, on my 2tb drive. only 140 is used. Obviously if I delete some things to get it below 120gb SSD size) How would I go about moving all of my C data to a SDD and use that as the new boot disk? Is this possible?

There are a few partition programs such as Partition Commander which you can use to shrink or expand a partition. And also cloning software such as Ghost, RDrive, and Aronis which should do the job of achieving what you want. But whatever else, you can't clone 140GB of data onto a 120GB SSD. Sorry, but math is still the same in the data world as it was in grade school. :cool:

Last edited:
I ordered an OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD. Should be in a few days. I will keep you all posted.

So i moved some files around, ran the windows cleanup utility, and deleted some programs that I can easily reinstall. I am at about 74 mb. Whats the best software to just mirror it to a new drive?

Back