• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Dimension C521 worth reviving?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hey OC'ers,

I happened to have a Dell dimension C521 laying around collecting dust and was wondering what to do with it. I'm open to any and all suggestions as to what I should turn it into if anything. I noticed a lot of people that post that have many old parts being put to good use and would like to try and do the same. The chip in the system is an AMD Athlon 64 x2 with 1 gig of memory in dual channel operating at 533 mhz and has nVidia GeForce 6150LE for video.

This is the documentation I was able to find on the system off dells website.

Also as a side note I am looking for projects to take experience from so if this system can be used as anything at all, even on the low end, i would be interested in doing so even if it means putting $$$ into it. Thanks in advance and hope I didnt leave any information out.

Hmmm well there is that. A year or so ago I tried messing around with f@h but I didnt know much and didnt have a dedicated system to run purely for that. Could you or anyone give input as to hardware specs necessary for folding/crunching? What kind of hardware upgrades could I make that would be beneficial but cost effective? If theres anymore information I should provide on my dell let me know and I can open it back up.

Back