• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Problem 7850 powercolor and 6870 sapphire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calriclarc

Registered
late when i look at gpuz stats, i see my gpu voltage at its maximum even at idle state, my 7850 and 6870 before were able to lower its voltage at 0.9 during idle but now it uses it maximum voltage 1.138 for 7850 and 1.21 for 6870, why is it doing that? Ive tried reinstalling the drivers, used 12.10 and 12.11 drivers, i even formatted the whole pc but sadly its the same, my temps were 40-45c at idle but now it 55-58c, why is that? please help me,

First I would uninstall the ATI drivers and then use DriverSweeper to get rid of the rest of it. Then install a fresh copy of the latest ATI CCC.

If that doesn't work I would reset the CMOS and even updating your chipset drivers might help but probably not.

@ calriclarc Well members maybe this will help anyone with the same problem according to this post there's a BUG in AMD Drivers! Which stops some cards from idling or down clocking, so this guy has come up with a temporary fix. Until AMD comes up with a hot fix driver, well its still worth a try at least? AJ. :shrug: :thup:

1, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370091

Please try to read all the post before trying this! ;)

Back