• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mad Catz RAT 3 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biggles_me

So I got myself a Rat 3 the other day, I've always wanted one since just putting my hand on one a couple of years ago, no mouse has felt as cool since!

My problem is the dpi adjuster, I play Cod a lot so I would really like to get it working. It does work, just not on my main tower! it works on my laptop, on my friend's imac, etc, just not on my tower at home annoyingly.

See I looked at the leaflet on the way home, said install the driver before plugging it in, usually I just go for it but I'm the kind of person that once I've seen that, I think oh I better do it just in case. I installed the driver from the Mad Catz site, and I cannot find anything to do with the driver anywhere on my computer! prog files, programs and features, nothing.

I find it strange that the computers that I just straight up plugged the mouse into respond to the dpi change, and not the one with the supposed driver on! even after uninstalling the driver from device manager it still doesn't work, what's going on!

The mouse is cool looking and the weight is perfection, but Mad Catz software is buggy at best.
I had(still have in a drawer) a Rat 5. The customizing software would never keep my profiles and sometimes not load at all.
I finally gave up and just ran it as a plug-n-play mouse. Ran it like that for 2 years with no problems.
I recently bought a Razer DeathAdder and it's been great. Software works flawlessly, but the weight is not as nice as the Rat.

Back