• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless adapter problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

canadian1695

Registered
I have or rather had a linksis Cisco wireless adapter in my computer. I was putting the rig in my car and the antennas got caught in the door and were broken off. Now my adapter can't grab a signal. So I need help setting up a wired connection. I've got a cat-5e and a router and all but it still won't work. anything is appreciated

I have or rather had a linksis Cisco wireless adapter in my computer. I was putting the rig in my car and the antennas got caught in the door and were broken off. Now my adapter can't grab a signal. So I need help setting up a wired connection. I've got a cat-5e and a router and all but it still won't work. anything is appreciated

If you have onboard lan, it needs to be enabled in case it isn't in the system tray; otherwise if the router isn't turning on correctly, you can try resetting it (underneath there should be a small circle button that you hold down for 5-10 seconds with a paperclip/toothpick), but check to make sure your ethernet card (if it isn't onboard) isn't loose.

If you have onboard lan, it needs to be enabled in case it isn't in the system tray; otherwise if the router isn't turning on correctly, you can try resetting it (underneath there should be a small circle button that you hold down for 5-10 seconds with a paperclip/toothpick), but check to make sure your ethernet card (if it isn't onboard) isn't loose.
Well my router is working do you think I could install an Ethernet card and get drivers for it? I have 4 from other computers I've scraped

Well my router is working do you think I could install an Ethernet card and get drivers for it? I have 4 from other computers I've scraped

Yes, it might work right away as the drivers might be included in Windows and it may install on its own right after Windows logs in.

Back