• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SSD do you recommend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

armyranger51686

Ok guys i am wanting to buy an SSD. I have an AM3 Asus motherboard, Phenom ii x4 3.2ghz (3.9ghz overclocked), 8gb RAM DDR3 1600, 3 blu ray drives, 550 PSU, two ati radeon 5770 GPUs, and a ****ty HD.

What is a good SSD thats within 150$? Any ideas would be greatly appreicated!

I would try to get 256gb of drive space, as that actually leaves you some room to not get into the dreaded ocz storage mode. I have said drive and really like them, but once the drive is filled to more than half space they can slow down greatly

the vertex4 is a good drive as well, I just would prefer more space than 128gb

I also highly recommend the ocz vertex 4, but as the above poster mentioned, if it is at all possible, try to grab the 256 GB version. You'll be able to install several of your favorite games onto the SSD and still have plenty of free space left (you want to try to keep at least 20% of the drive free...it is very true that performance begins to suffer when it starts to run low on disk space).

Other than that, great choice!

Back