• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freezing and crashing all the time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alice

I have two computers:
*Compaq Presario SR1265CL
and:
*ASUS P4P800SE (I think)
I can get all the specs if necessary.

Both of them have the same problem. Whenever I play BF2, watch internet videos, or try to download stuff, the computer crashes, freezes, or reboots. I tried changing the video card a bunch of times (like 5 different cards), swapping the power supplies between the two computers, changing the ram, running memtest, reinstalling the OS... nothing works. So I figure the problem has to be one of the following:
*both motherboards are damaged
*both power supplies are damaged
*all the video cards are damaged

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks in advance!

Both machines have the latest BIOS revision, and yes I've tried reformatting.

Hmm , latest BIOS .. so your motherboard might not be damaged , since you think that your video cards are damaged , why don't you try updating them ? try cleaning your registry using ccleaner , or try disk checking by typing chkdsk/r in command prompt , try defragging your hdds' ..

Yeah, not really helpful, as I said I reformatted, reinstalled XP, and tried every AGP card I own; Thanks for trying though.

It might be important to note that the USB mouse and keyboard sometimes stop working and I have to unplug and replug them. From what I hear, that usually means a bad PSU. Can anyone verify this?

The Same thing has happened with me on windows 7 along with blue screens .. but my win 8 works perfectly.

Back