• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on parts for a build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UndeadKieran

Registered
Hey,

I have a gaming PC, and my friend would like a gaming PC too, but he wants a pretty good one.

He has a budget of £750.

Any advice?

Cheers

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Alrighty!

This is for my friend!

-He's planning on heavy gaming from minecraft to crysis to battlefield etc.

-£750 is his budget
-No he does not need an OS as he has bought it already!
-He has peripherals sorted so nope!

-We are from the UK
-We are going to try and find the hceapest places online.
-n/a (I'm in the UK)

-Preferences
-Perhaps some slight overclocking, like 5-10%
-No don't care about size.
-Fairly quiet, but it doesn't matter as long as it's not that noticeably loud.
-He's going to just get a new pc when its too outdated.
-No we don't really need SLI/XFire

Hi!

Thanks, that's absolutely brilliant!

Would it be an easy build? And if you were to swap out the SSD for a 3rd gen i7 would it still be on target? And would we need a bigger PSU?

Hi!

Thanks, that's absolutely brilliant!

Would it be an easy build? And if you were to swap out the SSD for a 3rd gen i7 would it still be on target? And would we need a bigger PSU?
Its easy to build a PC, yep.

i7 isnt worth it for a gaming build for the most part. I would much rather have an SSD an 3570k than a HDD and 3770k.

PSU is plenty for that setup overclocked to the moon.

Knufire is, per usual, spot on! :thup:

Alrighty, thanks!:p

It's my first build and we just wanted to know a bit more beforehand!

Thanks again!

I really dont think he will be needing a sound card as most motherboards cone with hd audio codecs

Is there an alternative fan available?

Plus... Does th case have a DVD drive? if not whats a good one to have?

hi im the friend and the fan isn't showing up on the website any more that's the only problem and is there anything else we'll need for the build, also how well would you think this pc would run the highest end games ? thanks

Ooh. There should be a Hyper212 Evo, that's the slightly updated version. 7870 should play the latest games at high settings, 60FPS. Ultra might see drops to around 30.

thanks is there much point using 1600p or is the drop in fps not worth it and is there any dvd drives you would recommend for cheap price

i know this post is old now but if i were to take the ssd out what would i be able to do with the extra money and what would be best ?

Back