• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

same monitors different picture

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

hi, so im setting up 3 screen eyefinity. i had a asus ve247h for couple of months and decide to buy another one, problem is the picture is slightly different.

for example if i use a white background on the new screen it looks very white and the older screen looks dirty white kinda a slightly yellow tint. i tried matching the settings and resetting the settings and tried different cables but pictures still dont match.

anyone know why or how to fix this?

If you switch the connections for the monitors, does the picture quality swap from monitor to monitor?

I'd switch the port each monitor is connected to, then you'll know if its a difference between how the monitors are connected, or if its a difference in the hardware from one monitor to the other.

You may need to use visual calibration to get them to line up better, rather than matching settings... They could have changed something with the internals, without changing the model name.

My thoughts exactly, I would first try changing the inputs around to see if you get the same results.

After I would try to calibrate them independently instead of matching settings. I would start with an image of a color wheel on both displays to calibrate.

thanks for replys cant find anything about this in my google searches. i switched the cables one is hdmi-hdmi and other is dvi-hdmi.

looks the same after switching them. if i lower the red and the green colour on the screen its less noticeable is this what you mean by calibrating?

Yes, altering the colors that way, as well as adjusting the brightness may lead to them being more in sync. Displaying a color wheel on the screens like pwnmachine mentioned can help make that easier.

Since you switched the inputs, and the monitors stayed the same, its likely something different in the manufacture of the two units and not due to the way they are connected. You could contact Asus support about it but I don't expect they'll be so helpful. You could do an return RMA as well if you are unhappy with the mismatch, however that can be a crap shoot as the next one may match better or have the same issue.

people used to say tv screens faded does this happen on lcd monitors? one is brand new and other is 6 months or so old.

i got one more screen on the way so will have to try to calibrate match them

Cool, glad you have another one on the way - I'm really interested to hear if it matches the newer one you have, or the older one.

I've heard people talking about the Nexus 4 smartphone screens taking some time to burn in, and initially looking more yellow but then fading to a whiter appearance... But I haven't heard much talk about that with LCD monitors. It could be possible it fades over time, or becomes less noticeable. I don't know really, but I haven't used a lot of monitors.

got my new screen (finally) and it has a very yellow tint to it had to turn the red and the green way down to try and get it to match the other 2. but the other 2 screens seem to match now or maybe im just used to it. i'll have to give it a few days see if the new one fades in.

even tho there all the same model number (ve247h) the new one has different menu options than the other 2 makes it harder to try and match them

I think that is clear evidence of what IMOG mentioned, they must be changing the boards/panels without changing the actual model name...

Back