• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermochill EC6 Clear UV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djc1988

Registered
Hi I'm Darren I'm new to the forums,

If its ok id like to ask your opinion on a problem I'm having with my Coolent

2 Days ago I built a Brand New System and used "Thermochill EC6 Clear UV" as my coolent, Turned out good, nice bright blue under UV Cathodes

A day later however the color is nothing like it was to start with, Its turned a much darker purplish/Blue.

Having tested this fluid since outside of the system, I slightly heated up the liquid to a similar temperature as it would be inside my loop (30c)
to rule out any issues in the system, and the exact same thing happened so clearly when heated this liquid's UV properties change drastically

Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated,

Darren

Last edited:
Yes any fluid or dye other than distilled water and a biocide is junk. Just get the colored tubing you want and never have to worry about the color changing. Most fluids are going to lose their color properties (dark colors especially) when exposed to heat. Don't let marketing fool you :)

Modz

Back