• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD red with QNAP TS-219P?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

The REDs give a little more performance than the Green drives do, and both use about the same amount of power when idle. Im about to pick up a NAS and Im probably going with greens based purely on cost. If you can afford the Reds I have to believe that they will be reliable performers for you.

Anand did a review on the Reds to try and determine if they are really worth the benefit of the extra cost HERE.

Edit, after reading the review, and price comparing, if your looking at those Red drives do it today. $30 per drive puts them at the same price as the Greens which apparently are known to fail in NAS boxes so I am about to place an order for 4 of the Reds.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hesitate to order those reds... Also amazon has them for the same price, may help if newegg taxes you (I have no idea, just throwing that out there).

Back