• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of warcraft minimizing slowly, cant figure out why

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toastslave

Registered
Hey everybody, I'm just wondering what makes a game minimize faster, I have quite the decent computer it runs world of warcraft ultra 60+ fps all the time but when i minimize from full-screen it takes about 20 seconds to do so. I have a 3rd generation intel core i7-3770k, new intel motherboard DZ77GAL-70K, Nvidia gtx 570, 16gb 1600mhz ram and world of warcraft is even installed on solid state drive. Anybody have any ideas why it is minizing so slowly or maybe something I can do to help this problem.

Do you play with the same resolution in WoW as your desktop is?

I found when I played all those years ago that it would take forever to switch between resolutions from WoW to desktop and back.

You have alot of Addons ?
This is an "old" WOW install that you copy/backup from windows install to another ?

Well, i dont have a magical answer to this. Maybe someone else could, or WOW forum.

Windows stop the desktop rendering while you play WOW ( or any games ) and this is usually why it can take a few second to ALT-TAB, some games seems to be worst at this. Windows need to "start over" its rendering.

I cant remeber that i had this kinda issue when i played WOW. Last time i played this game was with a SLI GTX460 and a surround setup + WOW on a SSD and 12gb of ram. alt-tabing was quick.

I had issue with the game crashing and i had to install the 4gb patch cause my surround was crashing the game. if you google 4gb patch you can find it and try it. It allow the "old wow" to use more Ram since its not builth to use all the ram you have.

Still haven't gotten an answer for this, anybody know a technical answer for what makes a game minimize slow or fast

Is there an option in wow to change the "background fps"? like if you have something in the foreground like the AH window, or char window, that option will limit the fps of the things going on in the background?

Do any other games/apps do this?

@Methal that's not what it does, it limits the fps of the game when the window doesn't have focus.

@Toastslave if you can't find a solution on the web play windowed maximized and it switches instantaneously.

Hey methal, there is an option the change the foreground and background fps, maybe that has something to do with it? what should i change those to, 60fps?

its weird because all my other games will minimize instantly but not world of warcraft

Back