• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got an Asus Maximus II Gene from 3B Tech and it has a broken pin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

Before I saw socket pin alignment messed up, it was physically looking good.

Then after putting it together and hitting the power button, I just get fans and LEDs! :eek:

Won't even bleep! Dead like a fly!

I have the pictures and noticed it looked odd, compared to the Asus P5QL Pro.

Here they are.....

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
here lies your problem. You put a cpu in it and tried to make it work now theres no way of them not knowing if it was bent prior to you using it or if you bent it. I'm not saying you did but thats what they will say.

I guarantee that I didn't install it incorrectly.

It looks more like they're provoking me to declare war. :screwy:

All I did was put the processor in and made sure it was in the right way before latching it. It felt fine when latching it.

I also tried my E2180 that I got in September, 2008 and still the same symptoms.

Real good news! 3B Tech.net just sent me a working Maximus II Gene!

It POSTed! :clap:

The socket definitely looked better, but I still saw something that looks a little different than the socket of my P5QL Pro.

There was a sticker that said "0605", and "PASS". The "0605" number is the BIOS version.

Last edited:
3B Tech is a local company to me. A few years ago they had a "F" rating from BBB. They now have a retail store near the Notre Dame campus and have mannaged to get an "A" rating but I still don't trust them. They had/have a habbit of selling used items as "new".

Back