• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get maximum Skyrim graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Hi all. Ok, so I'm trying to get skyrim the BEST it could possibly look. (Something similar to Far Cry 3's graphics.) So I already set all my preferred graphic settings for my card from nvidia's website for the game.
I wan't to use one of the ENB's but I don't know how to install them.
Any of you guys really anal about graphics and have a preferred setup for Skyrim? Any preferred mods. I've tried them all and usually one interacts negatively with another one, I can never find out which ones so I have to delete all of them and start over. Boss doesn't seem to help me much either, maybe I'm not using it right. So if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again guys. :salute:

First of all, you don't need Boss, only Nexus Mod Manager, as it will sort them properly for you automatically. I'm running quite a few mods, around 30 or so, and do not and have not had any issues. I'm not sold on ENB's. Most, imo, are garbage. There are a couple that I would like to try though...

First of all, focus on hi-res everything. HD Textures seems to be the favorite, but I ditched it a while back for Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. Then there's SIMM, Flora Overhaul, Lush Trees, and Project Reality which most know about. Then I would focus on lighting mods. Aside from those, there a numerous smaller mods. I just picked up a hi-res mushroom mod. There are tons of these small mods you'll want to look for. Go to Nexus and do a category search. I spend way too much time just going through mods (hint: sort by both endorsement and downloads).

Also, some pics are 'staged,' so don't be too concerned if your entire game isn't photo realistic. A photo is only a single moment of the whole. With the mods and tweaks I have, the game looks pretty dang good...impressive even. I would like to find an ENB that will give it some polish without looking like some wild 'shroom trip. I've got a couple in mind. I'll let you know how they turn out.

First of all, you don't need Boss, only Nexus Mod Manager, as it will sort them properly for you automatically. I'm running quite a few mods, around 30 or so, and do not and have not had any issues. I'm not sold on ENB's. Most, imo, are garbage. There are a couple that I would like to try though...

First of all, focus on hi-res everything. HD Textures seems to be the favorite, but I ditched it a while back for Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. Then there's SIMM, Flora Overhaul, Lush Trees, and Project Reality which most know about. Then I would focus on lighting mods. Aside from those, there a numerous smaller mods. I just picked up a hi-res mushroom mod. There are tons of these small mods you'll want to look for. Go to Nexus and do a category search. I spend way too much time just going through mods (hint: sort by both endorsement and downloads).

Also, some pics are 'staged,' so don't be too concerned if your entire game isn't photo realistic. A photo is only a single moment of the whole. With the mods and tweaks I have, the game looks pretty dang good...impressive even. I would like to find an ENB that will give it some polish without looking like some wild 'shroom trip. I've got a couple in mind. I'll let you know how they turn out.

What about those who purchased Skyrim through steam? They have the workshop for skyrim, is this the same thing?

Back