• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

990fx sabertooth will not boot to bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adambeau

Registered
I was working on my overclock and I may have gone a little high I guess. The Mem-ok button that usually resets cmos does not seem to be working. I am totally freaking out because it barely flashes the bios screen and even though I am slamming delete it will not let me in to fix this.

I think I have a jumper somewhere I am gonna see if there is an old fashioned way to reset cmos.

Could this be CPU failure or motherboard failure?

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas I am truly freaking out right now since my backup pc isn't worth half as much and I don't want to have to try and warrantee the mobo or rma the cpu...

Used the jumper and it did not work. But i was reading in another thread on another forum that reseating the ram might work and I'm not sure why but after I did it I was able to get into the Bios.

Thanks for your fast response and sorry for the waste of a thread. Gonna be more careful from now on and do more than 20 minutes of troubleshooting before I post.

over and out.

Just to double check that ram try running this program OP! AJ.

1, http://www.memtest86.com/

If you have anymore problems you can take out the CMOS Battery and leave it out for few minutes. That will clear things as well.

Back