• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to sell old used parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heroes42

First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to ask this, no other sections seemed fitting. If it is, then awesome!

So basically I posted a topic concerning upgrading my parts yesterday and got some great feedback from people that proved to be rather helpful. That being said, I am now looking for some information on the best place to sell used parts that will reap the most cash.

I understand that with a post count of 100+, you can use the buy/sell/trade section of this forum. That aside, what are some other places that you guys have had good experiences with in selling your old PC parts?

Just recently I sold my two and a half year old 1GB XFX 6870 on Craigslist for $85, which seemed like quite a good deal considering the age and amount of use. It's possible that Craigslist may be my best bet to try first, but I have no real experience in selling used parts, so I'm sure someone has a master selling plan and could share some insight.

A little bit of extra information that may help you guys narrow down your ideas is that I'm replacing my Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H MOBO, and my AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition CPU.

As always, all information/suggestions/funny comments are welcome!

most cash? probly ebay would be the safest, craigslist i have no idea probly varys alot on where you live :shrug:
my guess is someone you know or ebay thats what i would do
unless you can hold off and get those 100 posts then make everyone happy :D

Ebay just seems like a lot more work than Craigslist to me, but you're right, it does depend on where you live.

Hahaha, I'm working on those posts! I'll get there eventually. But if I hold off, I'm sure my parts will be worth even less!

Other forums might have less restrictions to their classified section than we do. Posting a FS thread to multiple forums is a common practice anyway to get a bigger one audience.

If you're going to sell on Ebay make sure you take pictures of everything including serial numbers before you ship the parts off.

Back