• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sli Evga gtx 680 Classified water in fractal design R4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lundrog

Ok, I ordered my two Evga gtx 680 Classified hydro water blocks!

I am going to need some advice.

Do I need the backplates?

Do I build a custom water setup or use a kit?

Will I be able to use this case? At least to start...

Do I ditch or keep my antec 620 cooler?

Here is my case as it sits. Photo%20Jan%2011%2C%203%2049%2041%20PM-XL.jpg

I want to go as silent as I can, when I'm not gamming. (Bf3, skyrim Etc) , I'm folding. The unit is maxed 24/7.

I do LAN game some careful mobility would be nice.

Thanks

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Water Cooler in Push / Pull
Raid 0 - Six 128GB SSD, 3 Crucial C400, 3 Samsung 470's.
Define R4 Black Pearl

Ok, I ordered my two Evga gtx 680 Classified hydro water blocks!

I am going to need some advice.

Do I need the backplates?
Water blocks have back plates

Do I build a custom water setup or use a kit?
Build custom

Will I be able to use this case? At least to start...
to start yes

Do I ditch or keep my antec 620 cooler?
Ditch for custom but maybe keep for a LAN rig
Here is my case as it sits. Photo%20Jan%2011%2C%203%2049%2041%20PM-XL.jpg

I want to go as silent as I can, when I'm not gamming. (Bf3, skyrim Etc) , I'm folding. The unit is maxed 24/7.
you will need a bigger case if you want to cool GPU's anc CPU since it will require more rad and low RPM fans

I do LAN game some careful mobility would be nice.
it will be hard to cool gpu's and cpu's and be mobile enough for a LAN rig especially if you want silence. I think it would be better to make a separate smaller LAN rig.

Thanks

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Water Cooler in Push / Pull
Raid 0 - Six 128GB SSD, 3 Crucial C400, 3 Samsung 470's.
Define R4 Black Pearl

P.S. you can make a sig in your user CP

You will need to read up on the stickies up top to become more familiar with what you're getting yourself into.

Personally I would ditch the case/cooler and get a bigger case to house all that raddage as you will need too since you want it silent. For example, you will need to figure out how much watts your water cooled components will produce so you know how much radiator is needed to cool them off and with what fans you will want 3pin/4pin(PWM or not and loud or quiet etc).

Theres a lot to learn and take your time on this. Research pictures, videos of others builds and read up alot on the stickies. You will most likely go overbudget so be prepared for that. If budget ain't a issue than thats less of a headache.

Baxters right, please make a signature with your gear in it.

Last edited:
You need a new case. You need $300-500 more in stuff to WC those cards. Since your spending all that money, why not get real WC for your CPU and ditch that AIO unit, get a top notch CPU block.

PLEASE, readd the yellow stuff at the top of this forum. In a WEEK or so you'll get a grasp on what you need to do.

Forgive me if you have already done all of that, but I think you opened up a big hole and your ready to jump and have no idea the hole is 100 feet deep, not 3 feet.

Back