• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blender Physics Game engine 10.000 Planks 16 GB RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AVAR0

Hey guys my currently ram is 8 GB and i was planning to make a physics game and i was wondering would be 16 GB enough to reach the 10.000 Planks or more?

Should i go with the 32 GB?
Warning : Please don't tell me what is overkill i change just cause of my 8 GB lags a lot in 5.000+ Planks so......:mad::mad::mad::bang head:bang head:comp:

Lags a lot................................because you are out of ram? You have confirmed this?

What system is this going in? Can you create a signature so we can all see in order to best help you?

Well my CPU is I7 2600,8 GB RAM,1 TB hard drive,CoolerMaster 550W power supply And motherboard is Gigabyte....

But i don't know why it crash and lag///
All guys says the program crashes when u are out of RAM!
What alse could be?:bang head

It could be a number of things. You need to monitor your CPU, GPU, and RAM usage while you're playing in the engine.

When you're running the program open Task Manager and monitor RAM usage until it crashes or lags to see if you are actually running out or not.

Well that's the weird it going about 3-4 GB max and i have 8 and it crashes!
So?

With the price of RAM these days, you could go the full 32GB without breaking the bank compared to 16GB. When it comes to Blender I don't think there is such a thing as overkill. The more RAM you have the more you can do. Plus with 32GB you won't have to worry about this fun message. :thup:

blender_error2.png

My vote is to go with 32GB.

Also this article might help you out:

"The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Computer for Blender"
http://www.blenderguru.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-buying-a-computer-for-blender/

Well i am sure there's not any problem with program,i think hardware make it lag!
Maybe is weak!:shrug:

Well i have MSI HD 6770 it seems a little bit faster than my CPU...
Temps of CPU going to 70 c when renders with it,and to tell the truth the time when rendering with my GPU is too short to go more than 50c Maximum!

A lot happened while I was making my earlier post.

+1 to all previous posts if you aren't using up a full 8GB of RAM then you should look to other componenents for an answer. I personally use Blender for some very intense simulations and would easily saturate 8GB of RAM, but that would crash Blender not cause lag...

Must be something else.

Hmm i meant it lags and after some seconds crash!
And it says stopped working!

Although don't uses more than 4 GB!
photo.php

That's with 10.000+ Planks.....it renders fast but in edit mode LAGS LIKE HELL...
Also CPU usage was about 95%

sounds to me like you need some kind of physics processor like and nvidia gpu, if that program supports it. physics is all cpu / gpu(with physics acceleration) or perhaps your cpu is just being maxxed out what is the usage on your gpu?

It lags in editing and the usage in editing is about 20%-25%
And in render is about 95%

It lags in editing and the usage in editing is about 20%-25%
And in render is about 95%

Although don't uses more than 4 GB!
photo.php

That's with 10.000+ Planks.....it renders fast but in edit mode LAGS LIKE HELL...
Also CPU usage was about 95%

so your cpu and gpu usage is 95%? if thats the case... then thats probably why your lagging... ram isnt going to help.

Lol i told u in render...
It lags in edit mode...
And GPU usage is 40%
And cpu 25%

what is your HDD usage? perhaps in edit mode it has to pull alot from the hard drive?

Back