• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Input on odd pieces of hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantomofnight

Alright, I've been posting a few different build ideas. I'm sure you're sick of me. Instead of posting my full build, I'm just going to post some of the odd things I've changed. I'm looking at using PrimoFlex Advanced LRT tubing in my system (UV Blue) instead of what I had before. Also, in my old system, I had two 3x140 radiators, I switched to 2 3x120 radiators, XPSC RX360 with AP-15 fans. I'm going to use a total of 6 fans, 3 in push configuration. Now, I think I have everything pretty well figured out, with the exception of the fan controller. For two radiators, 3 fans a piece, and a pump (or possibly two), how many channels would I need? I was looking at trying to find a Lamptron FC8.

Also, in regards to misc. pieces of hardware, is it recommended to get a gasket for the radiator? Also, I'm trying to figure out a way to mount the radiators vertically to a piece of wood with a slot cut out for the fans. I saw on XPSC's site there are mounting brackets available, would you think these will do the trick, or has someone else already done this?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. Thank you all once again for your time and feedback. Just to let you all know what my intent is, I'm going to be building my own desk, and want to integrate the radiator into the back of the desk. Like I was saying, I'm kind of having issues figuring out exactly how to mount it. I'm sure I'll figure it out though.

Hey mate,

My zero point two cents worth:

I used these thingies to be able to mount a very thick rad above the top of my case, they act as spacers as well. I don't know the english word for it though.

Mountingspacers.jpg

For two radiators, 3 fans a piece, and a pump (or possibly two), how many channels would I need? I was looking at trying to find a Lamptron FC8.
I have 2 Sunbeam fan controllers both 30w, and they work great. I use fan splitter cables like these and run 2 fans off each channel. Then I have the pump on another channel and use the last 2 channels for other case fans. Unless you are running fans really high speed fans you should have no problem runing 2 off each channel. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995075 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995016

Its simple actually... The FC8 sports 'up to 30W PER CHANNEL'. Take a look at the back of the fans you are going to use and do the math. Most non Delta like fans wont use but a couple/few watts each so you can piggy back them, as mandrake has done quite easily with such a robust controller.

Just takes reading the specs on the fans and doing the math. :)

hehe yea, I got mixed up with the zero lol. Anyway, the idea was to be less than two cents rofl!

Haha, I got it. I think I know what those are, and I'm sure I can get them at a hardware store. Look like plastic tubing of some kind. Makes sense. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Its simple actually... The FC8 sports 'up to 30W PER CHANNEL'. Take a look at the back of the fans you are going to use and do the math. Most non Delta like fans wont use but a couple/few watts each so you can piggy back them, as mandrake has done quite easily with such a robust controller.

Just takes reading the specs on the fans and doing the math. :)

That...makes sense. That was too easy. Thank you.

I do 3 per channel on my 30 watt controller, they are AP-15 fans. One knob for each rad.

Thank you. That's what I was tentatively planning after doing a little bit of math. Looks like I'm going with a 4 channel controller then. From what I've seen, Lamptron is trusted, but if I recall their 4 channel has a bunch of LEDs on it, and I really don't want that. I'll see what I can find.

So noted. I've kind of been looking, but not all that hard right now. I'm sure I'll find one in a couple days that I like. I just can't wait. Now that I got my parts selected (exception with the fan controller), I can start planning my build and buying the parts. That way, when I get back home, I can put it all together.

So noted. I've kind of been looking, but not all that hard right now. I'm sure I'll find one in a couple days that I like. I just can't wait. Now that I got my parts selected (exception with the fan controller), I can start planning my build and buying the parts. That way, when I get back home, I can put it all together.

:thup:

:pics:................................ :p

I'm sorry, I'll get back to the whole picture thing in a few months. Right now, I'm deployed overseas with the Army. Once I do get home, then I'll start building, posting pictures, and making my build log. Sorry about that. :salute:

Hey no worries. Thank you for your service and stay safe. :salute:

Back