• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I make BF3 use my GTS 250 also?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2Moms

Registered
Hey,

I recently spend 200$ on buying a 560Ti to only have to return it and buy a 550Ti. So, I'm stuck with this, and I have a second-hand GTS 250 that was replaced by the 560 and 550. Is there any way that I could make BF3 use that extra juice so I don't have to worry about FPS dips? I don't like the Idea of going below 60FPS at any time, really. I don't need High or even medium settings. It's all about smoothness to me. I play on a LG 2422TE 21.5" 1080P monitor.

Is there any way that I can use it?

Nope. Can't Sli those cards.

What happened that you returned a card and significantly downgraded?

Nope. Can't Sli those cards.

What happened that you returned a card and significantly downgraded?
There's a thing called Best buy and Tax. Didn't get Tax back (as obviously expected). I blew every cent I had on the Monitor, GPU, and PSU upgrade. $416.62. It sucks. Believe me. I'm looking at using the 70$ I got back on the 550Ti after I purchased it to buy a 460. Seems logical to me. More Cuda cores = More processors = MOAR EFFFFPEEESSSSS :clap:

EDIT: The reason I had to downgrade is: I tried to flash my 560TI to unlock the Vcore to 1.215V, but didn't use the original BIOS (My screw up), and it halfway to 3 quarters bricked the card. I could still use it, but almost the entire screen was white. I could only find things If I moved my mouse across the artifacted screen.

So you bought a new GTX 560Ti and wrecked by your own doing and decided the best moral thing to do is return it. Seems like your out to get something for nothing.

I'm pretty sure we got that. The issue is in voiding the warranty then returning as defective for another product.

With all due respect, seems pretty straight forward to me... you tried to flash a bios on your 560ti. Borked the flash by using the wrong bios (your fault - you admitted that - thus voiding the warranty), and returned something you broke. You didnt get tax back (Why wouldnt you..makes ZERO sense.. perhaps a restock fee?), so you had to get a 550ti instead.

EDIT: The reason I had to downgrade is: I tried to flash my 560TI to unlock the Vcore to 1.215V, but didn't use the original BIOS (My screw up), and it halfway to 3 quarters bricked the card. I could still use it, but almost the entire screen was white. I could only find things If I moved my mouse across the artifacted screen.
Doesnt that agree with what I said? If not, its ok to clarify. If you cant afford to replace the card, perhaps bios flashing shouldnt be on your 'to do' list.

I would refrain from calling people here with seemingly stronger moral values than you (or anyone) an idiot... Thats not how we roll here. Be nice!

Last edited:
Can't you backup your bios in gpu-z?

If I remeber correctly I did that on my 560ti's and saved the file on a cd somewhere in my office.

OP it isn't a good idea to call people on this forum idiots we tend to have higher moral expectations around here. Keep it professional please ;)

Yep, sure can get a copy through GPUz. When bios flashing, that is the first thing that should be done... have a good copy of your original bios so in case of things like this, you go back.

Back