• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Titan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Fake or real ? We still like it ;)

techpowerup said:
First NVIDIA GeForce Titan 780 Performance Numbers Revealed

The rumor mill is spinning to galeforce (or should we say GeForce) winds. Its newest sack of flour points at what could be the first performance figure of NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce Titan 780 flagship single-GPU graphics card. Circulating among various Chinese tech publications is this 3DMark 11 Xtreme Preset screenshot from the PCinLife community, in which a lucky bloke claimed access to a GeForce Titan 780 engineering sample, and a driver to get it to work. In the scribbled out 3DMark 11 Xtreme Preset score screenshot (below), the source claims the fabled graphics card can singlehandedly score X7107 points. For reference, a GeForce GTX 690 usually scores in the region of X6000 points, and a GTX 680 around X3300. If true, NVIDIA has something truly remarkable up its sleeves, maybe the second coming of 8800 GTX. From older reports, we know that the GeForce Titan is expected to ship sooner than most people think, some time in February.

306a.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is !

Its supposed to be a ~2688SP GK110 with a 384bit bus with ~6gb of memory. ( K20 quadro card have 2688SP, a 384bit bus and 6gb of memory ).

Wil the consumer GK110 have a SP cutted ? They will use the full die for K20 and "bad one" for consumer ?

12k Phsyics with a 2600K ehh? Mid 5Ghz clocks for that? I think at 5GHz I hit 12k on 3770K? Anyway, if its remotely true... I WANT.

Right.. but this is all we have... let us drool in peace...and stop drinking the Haterade! :D :rofl:

Loll !

If this is real, a single 780 could run a surround on its own. I currently run a single GTX670 and 5760x1080 without loosing that much on IQ. I had a second GTX670 in mind but if this card come out soon, this may be my next GPU :)

i say its fake since those letters are blacked out.

i bet that person is running quad 680s or something...maybe this was Photoshoped too.

If this happens to be true, and we see a new 8800GTX level of awesomeness, then huzzah!

I'm not too optimistic though, nVidia has been a wee bit underwhelming lately :(

Looks like I am going to have to sell my 680 before the floor falls out.

Those numbers look nice.

i say its fake since those letters are blacked out.

i bet that person is running quad 680s or something...maybe this was Photoshoped too.
it may be fake.. but not b/c they crossed out stuff. Its an Nda card and that is quote common to do that with leaks.

NDA = NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. Which means that if you have this card you signed an NDA and cannot breathe any information of it. If you breach the NDA, you get in trouble. So, commonly, people will do this. Could it be other cards, and that is the reason they crossed it out, absolutely, but I wouldnt bet the farm on that reason alone.

NDA = NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. Which means that if you have this card you signed an NDA and cannot breathe any information of it. If you breach the NDA, you get in trouble. So, commonly, people will do this. Could it be other cards, and that is the reason they crossed it out, absolutely, but I wouldnt bet the farm on that reason alone.

+1

I wonder if it will still have the weird scaling/overclocking issues that kepler has (with the thermal throttling/etc at 70C)

I tried to re-find an article I read earlier today. It was the English translation of the mentioned article above but posted via a Russian site. Said the card would be in the $900 range. Based off Tesla, only reduced cores due to binning of Tesla lithography.

I tried to re-find an article I read earlier today. It was the English translation of the mentioned article above but posted via a Russian site. Said the card would be in the $900 range. Based off Tesla, only reduced cores due to binning of Tesla lithography.

this is the price i saw earlier too.

Sadly !

Back