• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is COOLER MASTER RS-750 GX enough for this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mooshie

Registered
Hello guys, i'm having issues with my thermaltake litepower 700w like shutting down randomly, having blank screens randomly etc. And i thought of getting a new psu. I have two options so far. First i thought of Cooler Master Rs-750 GX but i don't know if it will be enough (and i heard that it is so noisy). My second option is Corsair TX750V2. I know it is good but it's a lot more expensive than RS-750 GX. So i'm getting one of them, please help me choose one of them. Thank you.

Video Card : Asus Gtx 470
Processor : Amd FX x8 8150
Psu : Thermaltake 700w Litepower

Plenty, but last I read, those arent good PSU's (LINK!).

Note, you don't remotely need that much power for your setup. So long as you do not want to go SLI/Crossfire, a 500W PSU will be plenty. Try Corsair CX500, or in my signature is a link to quality tested PSU's... pick one from that list.

Thanks for the answer :) But GTX470 has a minimum requirement of 550w and my processor is not a little one. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think CX500 would be enough. And having these issues with a 700w psu made me think of buying these psus.

Its plenty at stock speeds, and enough if you overclock both. Those requirements are not for GPU only, its for the SYSTEM... and they build in headroom for crappy PSUs that cant actually put out what they say. So lets do some math...:

GTX470 is a 250W GPU at stock (100% load)
Your CPU is 125W at stock (100% load)
Mobo/ram/memory/hdd/fans around 100W (that is overestimating)

= 425W. Unless you are stress testing, F@H or run a distributed platform, you arent running both CPU and GPU at 100% either.

If you are overclocking, I would step up to CX600 for peace of mind. ;)

I run a 3770K (4.5GHz) and GTX680 (+70/+300). Different cards and CPU and all, but... I dont come close to breaking 400W at the wall, Im close to 350W.

Last edited:
Wow. Didn't know that it was counted as system requirement. Thank you mate you saved me a lot of money :)

Agreeing with every said above, I'd like to add: never try to save money on the PSU. It is always better to pay a little extra to get the best (Corsair/Seasonic etc) with the same Wattage. I guarantee you will never regret spending top buck for a PSU.

You can save money on the PSU if you do it the right way, but you gotta do your research.

Take the Antec Neo Eco for example. It's on sale almost everywhere right now, and to my knowledge, it's just a rebranded Seasonic.

Back