• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Sabretooth chipset drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I picked up a sabretooth 990fx r2 great sale at CanadaComputers couldn't pass it up. My question is about the drivers. Does anyone know if ASUS is using a general set for multiple boards. I upgraded the drivers on my M5A99FX PRO the other day and used their latest drivers AMD_Chipset_XPVistaWin7_8_V8973_V901. :screwy:
I picked up the new board today and doing some prep work before surgery tomorrow went to the ASUS site and started down loading the latest and greatest and lo and behold the same label showed up in the DL manager so I stopped. I said to myself that looks like the same package I downloaded a few days ago. Same size 900MB, same label I think WTF. :confused:
My connection isn't the best and if i can save an hour and a half I will.
Anyone else notice this ?
I'm a little hesitant to just install them. :chair:
Second question would I need to uninstall and reinstall them when switching board if they're the same package? It's all software so shouldn't make any difference right? :grouphug:

Last edited:
if you download a complete package, they may end up to have similar size.

I usually download each driver alone from the Asus (or other brand) website, not a package.

I picked up a sabretooth 990fx r2 great sale at CanadaComputers couldn't pass it up. My question is about the drivers. Does anyone know if ASUS is using a general set for multiple boards. I upgraded the drivers on my M5A99FX PRO the other day and used their latest drivers AMD_Chipset_XPVistaWin7_8_V8973_V901. :screwy:
I picked up the new board today and doing some prep work before surgery tomorrow went to the ASUS site and started down loading the latest and greatest and lo and behold the same label showed up in the DL manager so I stopped. I said to myself that looks like the same package I downloaded a few days ago. Same size 900MB, same label I think WTF. :confused:
My connection isn't the best and if i can save an hour and a half I will.
Anyone else notice this ?
I'm a little hesitant to just install them. :chair:
Second question would I need to uninstall and reinstall them when switching board if they're the same package? It's all software so shouldn't make any difference right? :grouphug:

You said 'chipset' drivers and no they are not different from board to board per se. So if you already downloaded that 900Mb file then it is perfectly good for the newer Sab990FXR2.
RGone...

@ Boulard83
Yes they were the same size but also the exact same label AMD_Chipset_XPVistaWin7_8_V8973_V901 That's what got myattention. I download the whole thing then install what I want. :shock:
@ Rgone
Will I have to uninstall and reinstall or should it just be plug and play. Cause that'd be really sweet.:thup:

ya they do just a surprise to me

Yep plug and play not even a hiccup. :attn:

Back