• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can AMD SB750 do Raid 5 in windows 8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

I have been looking around for an answer to this but when I did an inline upgrade to windows 8 my raid 5 dropped out. I was kind of perturbed that my raid 0 running on the same controller is fine but the raid 5 shows up as 3 different drives. I tried to install the latest drivers straight from AMD but I kept getting an installer issue when trying to do so.
So I did a fresh install of windows 8, a fresh download of all the drivers, and tried it again. Still nothing.
Then I decided that if I can't get the old raid 5 back at least I should be able to create a new one. Nope! AMD RaidXpert doesn't even list Raid5 as an option. Is there something I am missing like you can only do Raid 5 on windows server 2012 and winpro doesn't have that option? Anyone try this before? It is the rig in my sig.

i did some jumping around and seems your not the only one in that boat.

Ive found intel people having success while no real hits for AMD.

BOO! Amd you're killing me here. There really should have been a disclaimer that the windows 8 drivers removed a feature that was found in the previous releases. Ugh. Might be the moment I switch to intel. Or bite the bullet and buy a raid card.

Back