• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Thermaltake Smart-M 750 W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TL;DR version: Solid PSU, neither the mire nor the pinnacle.
Definitely worth considering if the price is right at the moment you need a PSU.

:O it didnt explode! great review as always bob :thup:

Same platform (more or less, a bit more advanced actually) as the Corsair TX750m. That's the general quality level too. I expect the corsair unit to have the exact same ripple issues as I've tested at two of these smart-m 750w units now (not as part of this review, just randomly) and they both had almost exactly the same 5v/3.3v ripple. From pictures the DC-DC bits are 100% identical between this unit and the Corsair.

So I have a question about 'not opening PSUs'

Can't you just wear rubber gloves and then toy around in your PSU with impunity?

Not really, the leads that come out the bottom will poke through most rubber gloves quite easily. Very very sharp.

Not really, the leads that come out the bottom will poke through most rubber gloves quite easily. Very very sharp.

+1 to that i almost always have scratches on my knuckles from those damn sharp things lol mostly from motherboards

Back