• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming surfaces

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blacklist

Has anybody had experiences with aluminum gaming surfaces/mousepads? I've been looking, and both the soft and hard ones I'm looking at are about $35 range. I have a good mouse, so no point in getting a crappy mousepad. If you have experience with either of them, please post. Any advice is appreciated.

Icemat huh? What do you like about it? Have you compared it to other mouse pads or is it just really good in the first place?

I have not but... "the tools do not the artist make"

Just saying
Helpful... :-/ ...said the artist that hasnt used the tool before... :D

@ OP - I have used one and with my mouse (g5) it felt a bit smoother than another mouse pad I had. That said, is it worth it, that is up to you, but the aluminum surface was much more smooth than my cheapo mousepad (which I did fine with...it helped me with more precise movements making them a lot less coarse, like when sniping and aiming down site.

used plenty of other mouse pads, some of the high end ones were pretty good, but wear out. The amount I use the PC they warped after 8-12 months. Icemat has no wear after my 2 years of constant use, also feels very smooth and accurate.

I have an older generic best buy brand "gaming" pad thats aluminum with two different surfaces.. Its OK, but its not really any more or less noticeable than a fancy mousepad. Being a solid piece is nice, but the surface has given some mice trouble over the years. You get what you pay for. I have found using my performance MX on my glass desk is my favorite, actually :D . The pointer feels much more responsive.

Icemat, once you experience it, you won't go back

:thup:
Icemat here, with my G500 mouse, WILL NEVER GO BACK TO PLASTIC/CLOTH MOUSEPADS.
Glides smooth, doesnt ever gum up the bottom of my mouse bumpers, and cleans really easily. Also really good sensitivity for my high dpi mouse.
I dont know why you would go back once youve tried one.

Back