• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory issue G.SKILL Ripjaws X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
I am having issues with the G.SKILL memory that I have and the motherboard in my sig. The G.SKILL kit that I have is the F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL, I have 2 of these in the system to make up 16Gb. When set at auto in the bios the ram is only detected at 1600 instead of 1866, and no matter what I try, I cannot get the ram to run at 1866, as soon as I save the system reboots, comes up and says there was a problem and I should go into the bios to fix it. I should note the board I have does not have the UEFI bios, and it is on version F9. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I couldn't seem to find anything substantial on this through searching Google.

Tried that, as soon as I save, the system powers off momentarily, comes back and displays that there was an error and I should go into the bios and fix it, or press any key to accept the detected values.

I can try that tonight, I guess I was too tired last night when dealing with this to think to do that.

If you do a little checking you will find that AMD DDR1866 support is actually only for a stick in each channel for 2 sticks in dual channel mode. Not 4 sticks.

There was a poster in here a few weeks ago and wanted to know if his board could run 32Gig of DDR1866 ram. The closest I could come to simulating his situation was 4 sticks = 16 gigs at DDR1866 on my CHV board using the Ares series of GSkil ram. So there is certainly no assurance that just any board will run every memory slot populated at DDR1866.

I have no clue of what extra ram timings are available in Gigabyte bios but what eased my ability to run 4 sticks of DDR1866 was increasing the Read to Read Delay timing by one. I think my ram was showing default of 6 Read to Read Delay on my CHV board and I bumped it to 7 and had no problems with the four slots with 4 gigs of ram in each slot at DDR1866.
RGone...

It will probably work on higher voltages and not high FSB ( HTT ). Check CPU-NB +0.1-0.2V and if you make it work then drop it lower testing stability each time.
Also check vdimm +0.05-0.10V as board can set it a bit lower than it should be.
I was running at least 3 different 4x4GB kits @1866 on UD5 and CHV without bigger problems. Now my brother is using 4x4GB Crucial Elite 1600@1866 8-8-8 1.55V on CHV with some CPU-NB voltage bump.

Back