• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 GPU questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

I am currently using 2x XFX Double D 7850 GPUs. I have them in the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 mobo.

The website says it supports quad sli or crossfire mode. That's not what I'm worried about.

My top card is covering up my PCI slot that I was going to add an Avermedia Game Capture HD card to. Now the website says put the vid cards in the top and 3rd slot for best performance. So does that mean if I move my top card to uncover my PCI slot that I will be losing performance from both vid cards?

If so I'll cross out the Avermedia card and do without it.

What they mean is that Slots #1 and #3 will operate at X16 speed when both are populated. PCIe #2 is a 4x slot I believe. If you populate #3 and #4 they will operate in X8 mode.

What they mean is that Slots #1 and #3 will operate at X16 speed when both are populated. PCIe #2 is a 4x slot I believe. If you populate #3 and #4 they will operate in X8 mode.

So I will lose performance by taking card in slot #1 and putting it in #4 so I will have enough room for my avermedia card to fit?

Your GPUs will effectively have half of there normal bandwidth. Its not as drastic as it sounds, but it will lower performance somewhat.

Don't worry about the performance drop. Moving from x16 to x8 might lose you a few percent. You won't notice. Get whatever card enables a new functionality you're after.

Back