• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech APOGEE Drive II any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swampdonkey

Planning on building a custom loop for my fx 8150. I was thinking of just getting a Swiftech APOGEE Drive II to simplify some things and reduce costs. I have my concerns because of the lack of reviews out there. So should I go with the swiftech or a seperate cpu water block and pump?

The only thing to watch for with the Drive II is to make sure that the reservoir is above the block to keep the pump primed. A bay res in the top bay or a rad with built in res mounted at the top of the case should work.

Or any tube style res. Just need to keep the pump primed 100%, to never run dry.

skorpien has a good point, the pump/block is already high in the case. Need to have the res naturally flow downhill to the block. Gravity.

Bigger than a thimble, smaller than a mountain. Honestly, the size matters little. You pick. It's only to fill/bleed the loop. A T-line works, slowly ohh so slowly, but cheap. The BP 150 mm long res is a good size. 250 mm long is silly. There are some decent double height bay resses also. This is up to you. Spernd a few HOURS looking around using our store link sticky, post your fav links, we'll comment.

It's FULLY your decision dude, your case, your stuff. You don't do the work to find one, we can't help much.

Not sure if you have looek

Back