• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you ever filled your motherboards slots completely?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Just wondering if anyone has completely filled their motherboard and had no room left for anything else to plug into. Not counting 4x vid cards.

not even close, but by the time I was building my own prett much everything needed (for normal usage) was already built into the motherboard. the most cards I've ever had in my personal pc at once is 2, a GPU and either a soundcard or wireless card.

Well so far I got 2 GPUs plugged in and I'm going to be getting an Avermedia card, might see if I got enough room for a sound card and wireless card also.

I have 3 6970s for the top 3 slots, and the 4th slot has a 3ware RAID card in it.

Nope.. Never close! I dont have a multimonitor setup so no need fo rmultiple GPUs. I have a crap pair of cans, so no need for a better audio solution, and RAID anything is useless to me as well so.... no.

I just realized this was posted in the AMD Motherboards section.. I have an Intel mobo :(

Sorry.

Why would it be brand specific anyway? Bleh. A slot is a slot is a slot, doesnt matter what board it is! :shrug: :screwy: :D

lol do matx boards count? :p pci wireless card pcie x16 hd5450 pcie x1 avermedia ciard

Beau coup years ago I filled all the ISA slots = 4 IIRC on a few systems, and the mATX boards a couple of times. Not otherwise though.

Back