• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordan221095

Registered
i have astro a40s and i was wondering if i need to use the mixamp or not to use it on pc as im switching to pc gaming soon when i build one and the motherboard that im getting has 7.1 surround so is there any need for the mixamp at all ?

I used to use the Tritton AX720, what sound card you gona have, It did help with the tritton headset to use the mix amp.

You should use the mixamp. It's basically an external sound card and it's probably better than the sound card built into the motherboard.

okay thanks for the help will i need any extra cables that i didnt need for xbox and also if i was to use the headset without the mixamp how would i do it

yeah its the wireless one on the bit where the headset plugs in will i need an extra cable like the one an xbox uses to plug into the controller so you can talk ?

Back