• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Gtx 690 on Crosshair V formula ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deftone

Registered
I'm just wondering, Is it possible ? the board only supports 3-say sli / crossfire but a single gtx 690 has a dual gpu which means that it would be considered as 4-way sli if I / we put the two together. Hmmm.

Please clarify as I don't really want to spend/invest on something that won't even work. Thank you.

PS : don't tell me to just go for a new motherboard or switch side to intel or get a diff card.

Thanks.

The reason the motherboard likely says 3way is because of the number of available pci-e slots available.

Don't take me for 100% but because the 690 only uses a single slot it should be fine as you will just be using two slots on the motherboard.

The reason the motherboard likely says 3way is because of the number of available pci-e slots available.

Don't take me for 100% but because the 690 only uses a single slot it should be fine as you will just be using two slots on the motherboard.

I think the same as Janus.

I did'nt found anything on the board manual about "quad SLI" but i think the same.

They only list what is supported "on the PCIe slot", they dont list Quad Fire/SLI but its supposed to work as a two way for the board itself. The Quad SLI/CF is driver related, not motherboard related.

Back