• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asoos? Egad!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Wile listening to the maddening on hold repeated message this week as I was trying to extract some satisfaction from Asus tech support, I learned that the company pronounces their name, "A-soos" rather than "A-sus" (long "u" sound, not short). To think, I have been butchering their handle all this time. How embarrassing.

Wonder what it means in the mother tongue (Japanese?)?

Lol I've been corrected like that at my local b+m more than once :D It still sounds weird to me.. I feel bad for saying it wrong but leave it to the English to butcher a perfectly good language to suit them :thup:

Lol I've been corrected like that at my local b+m more than once :D It still sounds weird to me.. I feel bad for saying it wrong but leave it to the English to butcher a perfectly good language to suit them :thup:

How true! Well, when Chinese becomes the trade language of the world us English speakers will be the ones having to adjust.

I've heard:

Ace is
A Zeus
*** us

I always said a Zeus. That is how asus people said it at CES too.

I've heard:

Ace is

A Zeus

Line one is how most people usually pronounce it around here (my state, not the forum).

Line two is how I thought it was supposed to be pronounced, and how I normally pronounce it.

Last edited:
I know its "A Zeus", but I still say "Ace is".

My last name is Bidinger, with a soft/non-pronounced G, however its very commonly pronounced BidingJer... I sometimes correct people, but usually just let it slide.

But back to the point, if I have one, I called it "Ace is" when I was a noob, and I still usually do out of habit and because it just feels more natural to me.

At things like CES though, I do keep in mind to say it right - hard to take someone serious if they can't pronounce it right.

Back